The Edmonton Kennel Club was formed in 1910 by a group of local dog fanciers. The first president was Mr. Charles May, the mayor of Edmonton at the time. Club meetings were held in the Council Chambers of the Civic Building. Educational talks were presented by members on their particular breed. Some of the breeds owned by members in those days were Bulldogs, Airedale Terriers, Wire-Haired and Smooth Fox Terriers, Scottish Terriers, Irish Terriers, Cocker Spaniels, Labradors, Flat-coated and Curly-coat Retrievers, Pomeranians, and Poodles.
- Membership List (pdf 124kb)